Thursday, June 23, 2005

Our News

Chris received a call from Focus yesterday saying that they have chosen him as long as his references are satisfactory. When those clear, they will make him a job offer, hopefully tomorrow. This is just in the nick of time as the lease on our apartment ends this Thursday, June 30. We had no idea where we were going to go as of yesterday. Needless to say, we are very relieved and excited. This has been a test of faith for us since it was so down to the wire. We will probably arrive in Colorado Springs Friday night with our moving van. That will give us Saturday to find a place to rent and then Chris starts work on Tuesday. It's a good thing that Monday is the 4th or else he would have needed to start Monday instead. So we won't have a lot of time to unpack, but we are just so thankful to have a job lined up! Thank you for all your prayers.

Psalm 126:1-3
When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dream. 2 Then our mouth was filled with laughter, and our tongue with shouts of joy; then they said among the nations, "The LORD has done great things for them." 3 The LORD has done great things for us; we are glad.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

I just read this very Psalm yesterday, the day that Chris was offered the job.
Also, I seem to learn new things about prayer when praying intensively for something. I started out always just praying for God's will to be done for the Taylor family and Chris to find his life's work. Then toward the end, I decided to go for it and pray more specifically--that God would help the Focus people to see exactly they needed to see about the people who were contending for the job. I prayed that they would see Chris's excellent qualities, and that something about him would hang in the air. I prayed that they would see the flaws in the others clearly! Of course, I would always acknowledge that this would happen according to God's will.